IDENTITY & CONTACT DETAILS OF THE CONTROLLER & THE DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
Ingredients UK Limited (IUK) are the leading importer and distributer of ingredients throughout the UK. IUK are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy whilst remaining compliant with The General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR) and the Data Protection Act (DPA).
Ingredients UK Limited (IUK) are the Data Controller and due to the nature of personal information which we process, we are not obligated to appoint a Data Protection Officer. We do have a Data Protection Representative whom can be contacted via email; firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also contact IUK via post at; 45 Sarisbury Close, Tadley, Hampshire, RG26 3SZ.
PURPOSE OF THE PROCESSING AND THE LEGAL BASIS FOR THE PROCESSING
In order for Ingredients UK Limited (IUK) to fulfil its contractual and customer obligations, there is a requirement to collect specific personally identifiable information relating to our customers and some of their staff. The legal basis for the processing of such personally identifiable information is that it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party (e.g. a sales order) or, in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract (e.g. an enquiry which could lead to a sales order)..
In other cases (for example, receiving employee benefits) we will be processing your personal information using the lawful basis of fulfilling a contract with the third party benefit provider or the employer.
Web browser cookies
LEGITIMATE INTERESTS OF INGREDIENTS UK LTD OR THIRD PARTY
Ingredients UK Limited (IUK) have a legitimate interest in further processing the information which is provided by customers at the point of sale for marketing purposes. IUK are committed to the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations and in conducting marketing under Legitimate interest shall always ensure:
- We only market to Data Subjects and organisations whom have made an enquiry, shown an interest or bought a product from us in the past.
- We will only market the same or similar products to those which an interest or purchase has been expressed.
- We will always, in all marketing communications, provide Data Subjects with the opportunity to unsubscribe from such marketing.
We may also use your information for other specific legitimate purposes such as:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our products and/or service.
We do not sell, rent or lease customer lists to third parties. We may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by e-mail or telephone with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling our contact form on our website (www.ingredients-uk.com) such as:
- Full Name – If you make an enquiry through our website, we require your full name in order to ensure that we respond to the correct person,
- Email Address – Without this we won’t know where respond to your enquiry if done via email or where to send your order confirmations to. We may also send you informational messages as well as offers which may interest you.
- Company – If you are making an enquiry, we need to know which company you are enquiring from. We also require this information in order for us to fulfil any order requests for delivery purposes.
- Telephone numbers – If there are any problems with your order or we need to check anything, we need to be able to contact you quickly.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
RECIPIENTS OF THE PERSONAL DATA
Ingredients UK Limited (IUK) are required to transfer the personal information provided by its customers to third parties in order to fulfil contractual obligations. The following are categories of recipients that customer information could be transferred to:
- Data Centres
- External IT Providers
- Ingredients Manufacturers
- Storage and Haulier providers
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will not disclose your information to any of the relevant third parties listed above for marketing purposes.
Our Data Protection Representative can provide you with contact details of our third parties upon request if required. You are able to do this by emailing our Data Protection Representative at email@example.com.
DETAILS OF TRANSFERS TO THIRD COUNTRIES & SAFEGUARDS
IUK do not use any IT Systems inclusive of hosting providers outside of the UK. Should you purchase a product from us which is delivered directly from the manufacturer to you and the manufacturer is located outside of the EEA (E.g. China), we will be required to transfer data relating to your order so that they can fulfil this requirement. Personal data shall be provided on the need-to-know principle and shall be limited to company information and contact data.
IUK retain all customer information for 8 years after they last interacted with us. Where there has been a period of 8 years and there has been no interaction between the organisation and the customer, their information is erased and securely disposed of.
RIGHTS OF DATA SUBJECTS
As a Data Subject (individual) which IUK process information on behalf of, you have the right to withdraw consent from our processing at any given time (please see terms and conditions). You are able to do this through the contact details provided on page 1 of this policy. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have a right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority (Information Commissioners Office in the UK), should you feel that we have not handled your information in line with legislative and regulatory requirements.
You have the right to make a Subject Access Request to IUK’s Data Protection Representative in the event that you wish to determine what information we hold on you. We welcome these requests and aim to respond within 72 working hours of receipt.
AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING, INCLUDING PROFILING & INFORMATION ABOUT HOW DECISIONS ARE MADE, THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE CONSEQUENCES
We do not carry out any automated decision making or profiling.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, geographic location (if you allow when prompted by your browser), operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns.